[OM] Re: Vuescan color profile problem {WAS:Don't cry, just do it! [was

Subject: [OM] Re: Vuescan color profile problem {WAS:Don't cry, just do it! [was Velvia 50 replacement]}
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:16:16 -0700
Michael Wong wrote:
> Moose,
> I have tried "Portrait" white balance option & it shows warmer but I
> think it's too "yellow" so I prefer "White Balance" option.

That's why I said I would only use part of the warming. The other thing
I don't know about here is cultural norms. Most Caucasian women I know
would like just a little warmth added. Very white skin may be preferred
where you are for all I know
> I'll try to scan a blank frame to setup film base color & then scan
> same roll of film to test the color performance next time. It seems I
> have much to learn for better processing.
I don't think you can do it quite that way. There is a way to scan a
blank frame and lock the color exposure, but it's sort of awkward. A
properly working icc profile should correctly compensate for the
particular tint of the orange mask without an need to scan the mask
separately.

Have you tried running a preview with the Portrasun profile selected?

By the way, if you scan a frame to what VueScan calls a RAW file, you
can then use it as input instead of the scanner. It makes
experimentation much faster. See the Output Tab

Moose