[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got to

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got to
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:36:19 -0600
Jan Steinman wrote:
> Actually, you can download the source code for Darwin, which is
> everything MacOS X except the GUI,

  Well, also, I don't think you can download the source for (say) itunes
/ garageband / finder / etc; without the GUI and the various stuff that
comes with it, I'm not sure what MacOSX does that Slackware/Debian/et al
don't.

 >and started distributing its source code
 >without telling anyone?

  Oh, you've been able to get the source to Windows for a while now,
that's nothing new.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/sharedsource/licensing/windows.mspx

  It's not open, but it's available if you have (what MS thinks is) a
good reason to see it and are willing to sign a (presumably terrifying)
license.

  -- dan