[OM] Re: Vented hoods for DZ 50-200mm?

Subject: [OM] Re: Vented hoods for DZ 50-200mm?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:48:39 -0400
A hood with a hole in the side sounds to me like a less effective hood.
  Also, reaching out and grabbing the hood to turn the filter is an
easier task than probing fingers through some holes.

The one that you showed looked like it was longer than the one I showed.
I think I'd start with your longer one and check for vignetting.  If
none you're home free.  Otherwise you may need to buy the shorter one or
get out the Dremel tool.

Chuck Norcutt