[OM] Re: OT Seen on the road - Bone Yard

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Seen on the road - Bone Yard
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:45:28 -0400
Marc Lawrence wrote:
>> Larry wrote:
>> Speaking of cars, I posted some shots from the Greenwich
>> Connecticut car show...
>>

> Different, but very nice:
>
> http://mutley.hypermart.net/ReflectionGreenwich2007-3.jpg
> http://mutley.hypermart.net/RedAndReflection.jpg
>

> I like the composition on this (the way the chrome on the
> different cars "lines up"):
>
> http://mutley.hypermart.net/AquaYellowB-Greenwich2007.jpg

Thanks for the comments! :)

> This guy looks like a Stephen King character (and not one
> of the nice ones - more of your "Leland Gaunt" suave,
> evil types. My apologies to the subject for saying so :-)):
>
> http://mutley.hypermart.net/ManAndHatGreenwich2007.jpg

Greenwich, CT does have its characters. Lots of old money, + many celebs
like Paul Newman, David Letterman, Laura Linney, etc. etc.

> Mate, there's clearly dust *all over* your sensor in this
> one:
>
> http://mutley.hypermart.net/JagDusty2.jpg
>
> I'd suggest your Pentax needs a thorough Meguiars detailing
> done on it. ;-)

He He He. Funny enough, every year including this one, they give all the
car owners a full bag of Meguiars' stuff. Wax, Leather conditioners,
tire spray, microfiber rags, etc. One of the few car shows that are free
to car owners, and includes breakfast, lunch, boat tour, & personalized
license plate. The actor Ed Hermann (who is the voice on most of the
history channel documentaries) does the announcing at the end of the
shows as the cars parade past the stage.

> I enjoyed them. Did you have some of the usual car show
> photo frustration - trying to get photos without peopled
> or busy backgrounds or reflections? We've an Australia
> Day car show here in the streets of Sydney, and that's
> probably the hard part for me (it makes for lots of detail
> shots).

Yes, as seen in these 2 of the grouping the background can be seen to be
densely packed. You can even see people reflected in the front of the
blue ford. The other annoying thing I run into are the ropes - also can
be seen in the blue car pic.

http://mutley.hypermart.net/LincolnProtoFront.jpg

http://mutley.hypermart.net/BlueFordYellowKid.jpg

Larry