[OM] Re: How would you deal with incorrect photo credits?

Subject: [OM] Re: How would you deal with incorrect photo credits?
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 04:09:38 -0700

Jan Steinman wrote:
> If you weren't being paid and you don't have a contract and were
> happy for the exposure in a small-circulation publication, then I'd
> be thankful that they used two instead of one.
>
> But I would notify them of the wrong credit, and politely ask for a
> correction in the next issue.
>
> I agree that it's sloppy, but they're only human. Without a contract,
> there isn't much you can do without throwing money at it.
>
>Jan Steinman

Many thanks to Bob Whitmire and Jan Steinman for their replies to my
question.

Well, I e-mailed the Editor of the publication, and as I suspected, he had
just been in a rush to get the issue out and made an error.  He was very
apologetic, and of course, agreed to printing a correction in the next
issue. My real fear had been that the other photographer, to whom the photo
was credited, had submitted the photo as his own. Fortunately, that was not
the case!

Thanks again,
Darin