[OM] Re: rainbow now a rant

Subject: [OM] Re: rainbow now a rant
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:22:43 +1000
On 6/14/07, Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ...Anyways, this is pretty well OT. But maybe it will cause someone who might
> otherwise take simple things for granted, to take time to be thankful for
> basic things like a good internet connection, or a choice in providers. Not
> all of us have it.

Just a thought, to do with the specific software-download frustration,
but why don't you make a list of software you've heard of and been
interested in (even demo software) and get someone to burn all the
downloads onto a CD and send it to you (I can do it if you want, and
if you don't mind waiting on international postage)? Don't just think
about photography-related software either. If you wanted to try out
different web browsers and mail clients, for instance, you could get
them as well.

As I said, it's just a thought, and I know folks here would be happy
to help either doing it or offering suggested inclusions, and here
there'd always be someone enthusiastic enough to help you out of the
frustration (so you didn't feel like you were having to ask a favour
of a family member, as obliging as they may be). Just think of what
you've heard of and might like to try, and bung it one the list.

My sympathy on your dealings with the telephone company - battling
that crap can drive a bloke barmy.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz