[OM] Re: Stiff OM-1n lens mount

Subject: [OM] Re: Stiff OM-1n lens mount
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:02:43 -0400
With the mount pointing up, put the lens on the mount as if your going
to mount it, but don't turn it.  Then carefully lift body up (lens still
pointing up) to eye level and look very closely where the 2 mounts
touch.  Is the body mount perfectly flat all they way around, or at some
point is it wavy? A very tight fitting lens often means a bent mount.
You can also spot this by looking at the fit between the edge of the
mount and the shutter speed dial.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon dot net