[OM] Re: 410 review at dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: 410 review at dpreview
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:09:49 +1000
Nice to see that he agreed with me. :-)
Coupla nitpicks. I got used to th finder but wasn't keen on the info
display on the right side rather than the bottom. I found I actually
had to look for it rather than just see it. And he's fallen for the
trap of calling it Live View when in fact, compared to the E-330,
it's 'Live Preview' (i.e. 'B' mode). Also the flash is weaker than
the competition at only 10 GN compared to the standard 12-14. It's a
big enough difference to be a nuisance.
I handled the 510 yesterday - I think I prefer it if only for the
larger battery and bigger grip (in my fat little hand). Perhaps Oly
is finally 'there' - too bloody late as usual. Stood next to a
salesman extolling 'Canon or Nikon' to a first-time dSLR customer but
who then agreed with me later, knowing I wasn't buying, that it was a
great camera. Why do they do that?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx