[OM] Re: Lotusland

Subject: [OM] Re: Lotusland
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:46:37 -0700
> From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan ...
>
> Is that a permanent move from the City of Roses to a small spot
> offshore in
> Lotusland?
>
> jh - once a Lotuslander

Wow, I learn something new every day about my new country! I had to
google "lotusland" to figure it out.

Yea, life is good here. The immigration fees have already been
recouped in one year's worth of health insurance premiums. I don't
want to disturb anyone's sensibilities by going into the other
reasons we moved.

Obligatory Oly content: got to handle Tom Fenwick's E-410 the other
week. Made me nostalgic for the tiny, precision OM bodies.

:::: Number of developed nations besides the US lacking universal
health insurance coverage: 0
:::: Rank of US among countries that spend the most as a percentage
of GDP on health care: 1
::::     -- Harper's Index
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org>