[OM] Re: Fountain Pens (Was: Demise of the Epson R-D1 Digital Rangefinde

Subject: [OM] Re: Fountain Pens (Was: Demise of the Epson R-D1 Digital Rangefinder Camera)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:29:05 -0400
With Mont Blanc, the older the better. The "precious resin" the new
ones are made from, while glossy to perfection, also cracks if you
look cross-eyed at it. I've had a few MBs pass through my hands,
including a safety pen circa 1936, and they are sheer pleasure to
write with. There's just nothing like an exquisite 14K nib gliding
effortlessly across a sheet of quality paper. (And if you want to
finance your camera gear for the rest of your life, find a pre-WWII
Mont Blanc with a Nazi swastika instead of the star. You'll see
serious bucks headed your way for that one. <g>)

--Bob