[OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?

Subject: [OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:47:52 -0700
I was a big proponent on this list for waiting for full frame
digital. I put my foot in the water with a capable Coolpix model and
I way so impressed that I thought how bad can a 1.5 camera be?  I am
so happy I changed my mind. I was wrong about full frame. There is
really no disadvantage to a reduced format camera as long as there
are lenses in focal lengths made for the format.

Every DSLR has low light capabilities superior to color film and
there are exceptionally good models in that area. You can get very
nice lenses with them as well that may not be quite as fast in every
instance but which will do an outstanding job.

All this is to say you can get a superb, but less expensive camera
that a 5D. Get any of the new 10MP models and you will probably only
taking the Bronica out for nostalgia's sake.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA