[OM] 4:3 ratio

Subject: [OM] 4:3 ratio
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:17:50 +0100
So the new Olympus digital camera is coming to town,
packed with features and excitement.

But what about that 4:3 image ratio?
It seems there is no other option. No film-like 3:2.

You could check an initial list of advantages and disadvantages in
this wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Thirds_System

But could someone here try to convince me this is less annoying that it sounds?
It seems to me the 3:2 is inherently more balanced and harmonic (see
for example how it accomodates the 2/3 kind of rule).

And what does it really mean on how things will look? Is it just more,
additional info on top of 3:2, or a different, wider view of an image
alltogether?

Christos

--
Christos Stavrou Photography