[OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?

Subject: [OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:35:55 +0000
Don't invest in the camera without also buying one or two autofocus lenses for
your everyday photography.  Manual focus and stop down operation are
sufficiently cumbersome that it needs to be reserved for slow and contemplative
photography such as macro and landscape.  Consider what it would be like having
to do every shot like using one of the shift lenses.  Actually, you can walk
around with a relatively wide angle lens prefocused to a hyperfocal or near
hyperfocal distance and also semi constant exposure setting but that doesn't
always fit the situation.  I predict you'll be unhappy if you don't budget for
at least one lens that covers 75% of your shooting needs.

Chuck Norcutt