[OM] Re: 4:3 ratio

Subject: [OM] Re: 4:3 ratio
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:10:17 -0700
Ignoring the rule for the golden mean or the golden proportion, I
have to agree that I favor 2 by 3 as well. There is no more
disappointing home video event than finding that the DVD you just put
in your player is 4/3 format. Dreary to watch compared to any of the
wider formats. That said, a good photographer should be able to make
the most of any format. The really good ones will crop to 2 by 3.  :-)

I find I quite like square format though. So who knows where this
stuff comes from. Maybe we just like extremes  which would make 4/3
the golden mean.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA