[OM] Re: Xd cards

Subject: [OM] Re: Xd cards
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:08:22 +0000
A fundamental difference between Xd cards and CF cards is that the controller
for an Xd card is in the camera whereas a CF card is a true EIDE hard drive
with integral controller.  This means that the Xd card technology supported by
your camera is as old as the camera.  The CF card technology supported by your
CF card is as new as the CF card.  In my opinion Oly and Fuji totally blew it
on Xd design.  Stay with CF cards.

Chuck Norcutt