[OM] Re: 4:3 ratio

Subject: [OM] Re: 4:3 ratio
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:34:56 +0000
My recollection from the introduction of the 4/3 system is that the 4/3 system
does not dictate the aspect ratio of the sensor.  It only specifies the size of
the image circle which just happens to be the diagonal of the E-1's sensor.
Anybody who wanted to could make a square format 4/3 camera if they so desired
as long as the image circle stays the same.  It just occurred to me, however,
that has big implications for the size of the mirror and could conceiveably
introduce clearance problems.  Maybe square 4/3 sensors live only in alternate
universes.

Chuck Norcutt