[OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?

Subject: [OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 23:45:55 -0400
Yes, as mentioned in my other post, you are correct. KA lenses onward
(have been around since about 1980) are chipped, so they communicate
with the camera, and is able to control auto diaphram, and in
HyperProgram mode, one of the program preferences is "MTF" so if you
like the camera chooses the sharpest aperture for each lens based on the
chipping since Pentax has had that feature for a while.

K mount lenses and M42 mount lenses are not electrically connected to
the camera, so they meter by pressing a button on the camera. The camera
stops down, takes an instant reading, opens right back up again, and
sets the camera. Alter at will.

Larry