[OM] Weird fogging

Subject: [OM] Weird fogging
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:00:00 -0600
Hey everyone,

I may have asked about this before, but I can't remember...in any case I now
have a photo for you to see.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/examples/fog-neg.jpg

I keep getting this weird fogging as seen in the neg scan. It doesn't happen
all the time but when it happens it is only on the first 10-12 frames. The
first few times I saw it it happened on Tmax 3200 film and I thought I had
narrowed it down to one of my OM bodies but this time it happened with
another camera. The last few times I've had it happen were on Efke 100 film.
I don't think its a camera light leak anymore because of it happening on
more than one camera. The camera it just happened to was serviced by John H.
a few months ago so its good. I don't think its the developing tank leaking
because it is on the frames that are in the center of the reel and I use
metal tanks with metal lids. I think if they leaked light it would affect
the frames near the outside of the reel (end of roll). Also it has happened
with more than one dev. Tank. If it was just the Efke film I might think the
film cartridges leaked light given the lower quality of the carts they
use...but this has happened with several rolls of Kodak film too. The only
other thing I can think of is the changing bag I load the reels in for
developing. I don't have a darkroom so I use the bag...but I do it in a
darkened room and if it were leaking wouldn't it affect all the frames on
the roll? Plus, I developed two rolls in the tank (a 4 reel size
tank...filled the empty places with empty reels) and the other roll was not
affected at all!

What do you guys think? Anyone seen this before? Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design