[OM] Re: Weird fogging

Subject: [OM] Re: Weird fogging
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:38:21 -0400
On Sunday, June 17, 2007 7:00 pm, Chris Crawford wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I may have asked about this before, but I can't remember...in any case I
> now have a photo for you to see.
>
> http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/examples/fog-neg.jpg
>
> I keep getting this weird fogging as seen in the neg scan.
> Snip
> I don't think its the
> developing tank leaking because it is on the frames that are in the center
> of the reel and I use metal tanks with metal lids. I think if they leaked
> light it would affect the frames near the outside of the reel (end of
> roll).

snip

> Chris

I'm just thinking out loud, but since it looks like it is associated with the
sprocket holes, could light be traveling down the film leader and "leaking
out at the sprocket holes. That sort of light leak would be at the beginning
of the film which would be in the center of the tank. It also looks to
balanced side to side to be a camera leak. The other thought I have is the
developing chemicals but someone that develops film themselves will have to
answer that.
-Doug