[OM] Re: Wacom tablet

Subject: [OM] Re: Wacom tablet
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:13:15 +0100
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I'm thinking of treating myself to a Wacom tablet for use with a Mac
> - nothing extravagant, 4x5 or 6x8 would do me fine. Fancied doing it
> for years to be honest. Interested in converting photos or areas
> thereof into line and doing micro-manipulation. Anyone using one? I'd
> love to hear your experiences/recommendations
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As per a recent email, mine is used so much it's worn out. I have a
Graphire 2.

I find it much more precise than using any other method for selections,
paths, spotting, airbrushing and so on. The Graphire 2 is 5x4, which is
adequate, but something a little bigger would be better. I do have a
Trust 6x8 (unused) which I inherited from my late father-in-law, and a
12x9 Medion which was cheap at Aldi. The Medion is a bit big, but useful
for relaxed work when sitting upright at the desk for ages doing
spotting or repair would be too much.

On occasion I also use it instead of the mouse, if I happen to have it
in my hand. Good thing about the Wacoms is that they don't require
batteries and are probably better quality.

Of course, a man of your sensibilities will have to pay close attention
to the ergonomics of the pen, so an Intuos may be more your style...

D.

--
Donald MacDonald BA DipLIS

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -