[OM] Re: UK - Olympus Odyssey camera ?

Subject: [OM] Re: UK - Olympus Odyssey camera ?
From: "IanG" <ian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:32:29 +0100
I collected the UK one just before christmas and duly took my pics and moved
it on.... but...

The first day I went out with it was a stunning winter's morning (bright but
-3C) and I took 2 films with me. Shot the first film in and around St Albans
Cathedral and was standing in the park when a bloke sidled cautiously up to
me and said 'quick, you've got to take shots of this' and pointed out a
Kingfisher sunning itself not 10 foot away. I tried to rewind the film but
it tore in the camera. I decided to dump the film and put the new one in,
but as I opened the back the bird flew off. Two firsts then - I've never
seen a live Kingfisher before (or since) and its the only time I've torn a
film in camera.

Couple of days later, miserable weather, shot the second film more in hope
than anything else and posted on the camera. Left the film on my desk. Next
day I went out and broke my ankle. When I eventually hobbled back to my
desk, no film, it had vanished. Another first, I've not broken a bone before
(well, fingers and toes don't count).

To be honest, I'm much more annoyed and pained at missing Kingfisher shots
than I am at breaking my ankle.

Now the thought did cross my mind to get the OM4 out and sneak a film
through but I didn't want to further chance my luck :-(

So, I had the camera, it moved on early January but I've no pics to show for
it.  It went to a lady in Chesham if I remember correctly.

Ian