[OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:24:00 -0600
OM4 Land wrote:
> Thanks. That's clear now. My guess is that image stabikzation is a nice
> feature. Am I wrong?

Nope.  Image stabilization ROCKS.  My old KonicaMinolta A1 has it, and
on a bad day, it gives me the equivalent of about a +2EV advantage (on a
good day, +3EV).  Which means it can be perfectly possible to shoot,
say, handheld at 1/8th of a second in dim light and get a sharp image.
In fact, I've done it, so I know it's not just theoretical.

I'm chompin' at the bit for IS with my Olys.  (And because it's
body-based, it'll work with all my legacy glass, too...)

Garth