[OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 00:42:50 -0400
Way back last year when the Pentax K100D (before the K10D) came out
including SR ("IS" in Oly speak), it also only worked with lenses that
communicated focal length info. People with M42 and older K mount lenses
complained that there should at least be the ability for the owner to
manually choose the focal length so that lens will become stabilized.

Pentax then put that feature in a firmware update for the K100D. As soon
as you pop on a manual lens, the lcd displays the focal length choices
and you just OK the correct one. (Same as on the K10D)

Can't Olympus just include this in a firmware update?

Larry