[OM] Re: Contrast (OT, sorta)

Subject: [OM] Re: Contrast (OT, sorta)
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:30:44 +0800
On 6/20/07, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting . . . unable to maintain my anti-rubbernecking vows, I
> have been back to Dpreview.com several times to scan the Canon,
> Nikon, and Olympus discussion groups. An interesting trend is emerging.
>
> The Olympus DSLR group appears to be enjoying a group orgasm about
> the new 410 and 510. ...

What about Pentax? Their K10D with in-body IS looks like the obvious
competitor for the E510. Like Oly, Pentax has a long history and some
very fine glass.

Pros need various features specific to their work, but for the serious
amateur I'd say that, unless you consider full-frame necessary and
can afford a 5D, the E510 and K10D are the obvious contenders.

--
Sandy Harris
Quanzhou, Fujian, China