[OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-510 First Impressions
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:25:12 -0400
As far as I know he is. But we haven't talked about it specifically.
And he doesn't shoot to sell as I do. That said, he expressed an
interest in doing true 16x20, but doesn't have the printer so I'm
guessing if he's done one yet it went to a lab. I'll ask him. That
said, the more I mess around with my copy of the 510, the more I'm
convinced it must be a dud. You can't sell a 10MP camera this soft
and grainy for $799 and expect anyone to buy it. Hell, Phil over at
DPreview would just put an artist's rendition of a faert on the page
and call it a review. <g> I thought it must be a settings thing, but
I've reset the camera to it's factory default and even shooting SHQ
it's soft as warm butter. And not nearly as tasty. (I put in the
butter reference because in my advancing years I've learned how to
eat my words graciously, and with a minimum of ketchup. My sincere
hope is I get to eat my words about my 510, too.)

--Bob