[OM] Re: OT: A1 sensor corruption

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: A1 sensor corruption
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:32:02 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> It has been about 3 years since I bought my Mynolta A1.  Just as I was
> beginning to think it was immune from the dreaded Sony sensor corruption
> problem it suddenly reared its head.  But it's very intermittent.
> Anyhow, I did manage to capture two images showing the problem and
> included prints of same in the box sent off to Sony's repair center in
> Laredo, TX.  No doubt it's somewhere on the other side of the Rio Grande
> by now.  Not likely that any US citizen is part of the hands-on repair
> process at that address.
The eight year old or so, assembled in Mexico, combo radio/tape/CD
player in my Olds convertible stopped playing CDs 2-3 years ago. I duly
turned it in with some $ for a reconditioned one, which soon worked as
bad or worse than the old one. I took it back and found out that it was
from a reconditioner in the US that they were having trouble with. They
exchanged it for one reconditioned by the factory of its birth in
Mexico. That one was just like new in appearance and operation and is
still fine.

Not to worry.

Moose