[OM] Re: Moniter calibtation tools

Subject: [OM] Re: Moniter calibtation tools
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:15:50 -0400
I use a MonacoOPTIX colorimeter on my CRT.  It also has provision for
flat panel use but I haven't tried that.  Works well and very easy on
the CRT.  Very simple and effective software interface.

It came as part of the Monaco "EZColor Suite" which also has an IT8
chart and software designed to be used with a flatbed scanner to
calibrate the scanner and then use the scanner to read back IT8 charts
printed on the printer to calibrate paper/ink/printer combinations.  I
haven't used that part yet since a friend had previously calibrated my
common paper choices for me using a high end reflective colorimeter.
I'm not 100% sure but I think that was also a Monaco device.  It too was
fairly easy to use.  It required a little manual dexterity to draw the
colorimeter down a guide rail over the printed IT8 pages at a fairly
constant rate but if you were off it would beep and tell you you needed
to rescan that line. You get the hang of it after a few tries.

Chuck Norcutt