[OM] Re: Adobe raw "clarity" was: [OT] Canyon 5D at ISO 3200

Subject: [OM] Re: Adobe raw "clarity" was: [OT] Canyon 5D at ISO 3200
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:55:26 -0400
My own $0.02, I don't use Clarity, either. I found that LCE in CS3
provides much more control and a much nicer result. The clarity
slider remains untouched. The slider I'm most interested in now in
ACR 4.1 is DETAIL, in the sharpening section. I'm not exactly sure
what it is, but testing my replacement 510 on dormer roof shingles, I
found that 100%, after sharpening using ACR, it seemed to really pop
the pebble gain of the shingles. But when I reduced the image to Fit
Screen and slid the DETAIL slider back down to 0, I didn't notice an,
ah, whit's worth of difference. Yes, I know, I could RTFM, but I
ain't got one, and it's so much easier to ask here. <g>

--Bob