[OM] Re: [OT] Li-ION battery question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Li-ION battery question
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 23:32:16 +0200

> > The batteries look identical except the Nikon battery
> > has 3 terminals (- + and "S"). The Energizer has 2 (-
> > +). What is the "S" on the N*kon battery?. Can I use
> > these batteries w/o affecting the camera/grip?

>From a glance on websites offering batteries compatible with both ENEL3 and
ENEL3e, if yours have 2 contacts then it's ENEL3 compatible ; it should have
3 to be ENEL3e compatible. Energizer had both models in its lineup, so now
all depends on what you ordered. If your intent was to buy EN-EL3e batteries
and you've been receiving older and simpler ENEL3, then you should return the
goods and ask for what you paid for.

--
Manuel Viet