[OM] Re: E-510 Highlights

Subject: [OM] Re: E-510 Highlights
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:30:09 -0400
Well, I should think just about any camera can keep you out of blown
highlight territory if the user sets the proper exposure.  But, of
course, the camera can help or hinder that judgment.  I think the E-1
only has a luminosity histogram and I assume the 510 has an RGB
histogram as well.  Like the proverbial average depth of the lake, the
average luminosity can be a misleading figure.  The RGB histogram will
go a long way toward keeping those whites white and not crossing the line.

Chuck Norcutt