[OM] New list member - intro

Subject: [OM] New list member - intro
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:54:01 +0200
Hi all,

I have just joined this list, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I shoot
mainly with a Canon 1D Mark II but have just this week bought my first
ever Olympus, an E 410 with the 14-42mm kit lens and a 1.4/30mm Sigma
for low-light situations. The Olympus is intended as my lightweight
travel camera, to be taken along on business trips where photography is
not the main purpose and where I need to travel light due to the
restrictions on carry-on luggage.

Based on the first couple of days of playing with this camera, I like
the handling a lot, and I certainly like the weight and size! The
quality of the images is not as good as what I get with my Canon, but
then again it is not a fair comparison since the Olympus has a smaller
sensor and my Canon outfit consists of L lenses costing a lot more than
the two lenses I have for the Olympus. And of course I still need to
figure out how to get the best out of this camera. I shoot exclusively
RAW and am still working out the best settings for the Olympus when
"developing" the images in Lightroom.

Anyway, I look forward to hanging around here. I am a long-standing
member of the Leica Users Group and see some of the same names here, not
least Graham (geebee) whose incomparable images of Northamptonshire I
have enjoyed on the LUG for years.

Finally, I invite you to visit my websites (see signature block for URLs).

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands