[OM] Re: E-510 Highlights

Subject: [OM] Re: E-510 Highlights
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 01:10:37 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Yep. But I paid no attention to any histogram of any flavor when
> making the exposure. Straight ESP metering. I suspect my E-1 would
> have blown hell out of the highlights, but then with the E-1 I'm used
> to checking the histogram after an exposure, time and circumstance
> permitting. I did none such with the 510 shot, mostly because I knew
> it was a test of focus, not highlight retention.

The trouble is, we don't really know if it is better ESP algorithms,
simply sample variance in what the body thinks is neutral gray, so it's
just underexposing a bit compared to the E-1, or even something cool
like built-in white point setting.

Whatever it is, I hope it keeps working for you!

Why doesn't anybody give us simple White and Black point setting capability?

Moose