[OM] Re: Opening up a can of worms...Which Oly dslr to get

Subject: [OM] Re: Opening up a can of worms...Which Oly dslr to get
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 17:10:22 +0200
Dnia 01-07-2007 o 16:42:13 Tim Taylor <timt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

> 1. Is the viewfinder in the E-1 alot better than all the other E-series
> bodies including the newer ones? Is the auto-focus better (quicker, more
> accurate) in the E-1 than other bodies?

It is significantly better than all older E-series bodies (E-300, E-500
included); in newer bodies OVF is not of common use as all cameras feature
EVF of 10x magnification.

> 2. Is the small mega-pixel size that much of a handicap?  I am impressed
> with the 8mpx size in the C-8080 so wonder if going down in size will be
> a factor in print sizes up to 12 x16?  Rarely go larger.

I've printed as big as A4 (30x20, clipped to 4/3 aspect ratio). 5MP is
more than enough for everyday use unless you tend to crop heavily.

> 3. Build quality should be more impressive in the E-1 than all others,
> right?

Yes, it's very sturdy featuring weather sealed, magnesium body.

> 4. How quite is the E-1 compared to the others? I have read that it is
> much quieter than all other E-series and other dslrs.

Can't help you with this, sorry.

> Anything else you have found out through experience with the E-1 I
> should know about would be appreciated.

All in all, being a happy user of E-1 for one and half a year, I'd say
that now, with all that new cameras Olympus has put out, I would either
wait for E-1 replacement if you strive for weather sealing and all the
bells and whistles *or* pick up E-510 which is one of best cameras on the
market now. But that's just me, you have to make your mind by yourself.

--
Używam klienta poczty Opera Mail: http://www.opera.com/mail/