[OM] Re: First newbie question

Subject: [OM] Re: First newbie question
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 09:28:09 +0100
* On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 06:29:17PM +1000, Andrew Fildes said:

> Not around here! I'm not sure what the figures are but I suspect that
> most small cars sold are manuals and around half the larger vehicles.
> Other Orstralians feel free to comment. I would expect the same
> figures for Britain and most of Europe except Italy where an auto
> would be considered extremely unmanly!

Certainly my 1.4l Renault Clio is manual.  Actually rather nippy all in
all.   I've only ever driven an automatic once and as has been touched on
by a previous contributor, my left foot spent most of the time wondering
what it was supposed to do. I imagine I'll stick with telling the car what
to do until the powers that be decide that I am incapable of such an
action.

*vroom*

paddy

--
[   Two's company, three's an orgy.                                    ]