[OM] Re: First newbie question

Subject: [OM] Re: First newbie question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 09:20:49 -0700
I drove two of the other automatic transmission cars recently. There
was a Nissan Versa with a CVT and a Civic Hybrid. It was not
disconcerting. Quite peppy and has mileage figures better than the
automatic with the Nissan. Since almost all the hybrids use them and
Audi has put one in a performance car, I suspect the CVT is the
future of automatic transmissions. Easy computer control to match
them to the performance or economy characteristics of the engine,
perhaps with the flick of a switch, will make it difficult not to go
in that direction.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA