[OM] Re: Diesel, wasFirst newbie question

Subject: [OM] Re: Diesel, wasFirst newbie question
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 13:42:57 -0500
> You have ignored increasing demand which I was talking about. Lack of
> sufficient supplies of this type of fuel has been frequently cited in
> arguments against requiring it.

Then by this, there will be a shortage of all diesel fuel.  There is no
other being produced. All refineries have, or are being expanded to add
units that remove the sulfur from diesel fuel, which is, buy the way, sold
to make fertilizer. This is a federal requirement that was extended several
times, and finally took effect last October. There may be some refineries
that have yet to complete projects that allow them to meet the requirements
of the Clean Fuel Act, but they certainly are not selling diesel fuel for
over-the-road use. It is my understanding that there will be, as all
projects are completed, no other kind for any use.

The horse is out of the barn. Any delays were due entirely to politics and
refiners reluctance to spend the money required.

Bill Pearce