[OM] Re: Detailed old and new 357 battery data & related battery impeda

Subject: [OM] Re: Detailed old and new 357 battery data & related battery impedance data.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:15:46 -0700
Tim Hughes wrote:
> Mark added a new technical battery document I created, to his website.
> It contains anotated copies of the original 357 data sheets,as well as the
> newer datasheets on the
> SR44/357 Cells. It also contains derived battery impedance/resistance data
> and data sheets from
> various other vendors AgO cells, in the same SR44 case size.
>
> http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/357BatteryData.pdf
>
> If anybody has any additional datasheets I did not include please send me
> scans (preferabley Tiff)
> and I will include them when I next update it. I have some more data and data
> sheets which I will
> eventually add, when I get a chance.

Thanks so much for gathering all this in one place, Tim

Unfortunately, it appears to be a great deal of data, but missing some
key pieces - their fault, not yours!

The Energizer 357/303H and GP 357 look pretty good and the Renata looks
amazing, but there is no info on their behavior with occasional pulses
of high drain.

Also when I was looking at battery sellers a few days ago, I don't
recall seeing any 357/303H or GP 357s. I did see Renatas, but don't
recall where just now.

Too bad LR44s are so very problematic, they are so cheap on the 'Bay
now. I just bought a batch for all the other clocks, lights, etc. that
run fine on them.

Moose