[OM] Re: New list member - intro

Subject: [OM] Re: New list member - intro
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:35:41 -0700
Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Hi Moose,
>
> Thank you very much for your thoughtful critique and for taking the time
> to actually illustrate what you meant. I agree that your versions are
> for the most part an improvement, albeit the fact that you only have the
> JPEG files to play with inevitably introduces some artifacts. But you
> have definitely given me some food for thought and something to consider
> when posting new images (something I do on a weekly basis).

Glad they were of interest. I don't know if you looked before I tossed
in a couple from Flikr. Far from realistic, but man, that glass looks
beautiful, just glows! And I enjoy taking shots of mine like the beach
one and moving them into abstraction. You really can't do much of this
stuff in LightRoom, at least I couldn't figure out how when it was in beta.

You sure have lots of wonderful images on Flikr. I can tell I like them,
because I hate their interface, but continue to wander through your
shots there.

On sites like SmugMug (which I don't use myself, but enjoy viewing), you
can set your preference for image size and browse along with one click
per image. Flickr requires three clicks and random waits each for any
image worth seeing at anything better than a glorified thumbnail.

Moose