[OM] Re: [OT] M8

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] M8
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 01:15:41 -0400
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Just a few smug git comments though.
>
> There are instructions on how to unpack the M8 box properly. :-)
> There is a degree of reverence involved in opening it all up and
> handling it.
>
> Ooooooh indeed.
>
> This is jewelry. A Tiffany egg.
> It costs US$3,000 (street price).
>  - it speaks to
> something deeper.
> Very, very much deeper.
> I think I'm in lerv.
> Help......
>
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And then, you carefully unfold the supplement instructions made out of
fine corinthian paper creased in quarters  to an accuracy of .334
microns which reads in the highest quality translated German:

1) Please return to your Leica concierge with these instructions in open
view, and a cushioned protective pillow, or oven mit.

2) Prepare your oven meet because upon entering the establishment, the
representative will perceive your  possession of these instructions, and
will proceed to chuck you a couple of IR filters indicating our lofty
methods of finessing an impatient afterthought so you will like it, and
still believe our solution to defective sensor IR protection design is
quite charming and maybe makes our product worth even more than $5000. Yah?

3) Then leave. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Uhh...Leica