[OM] Re: First newbie question

Subject: [OM] Re: First newbie question
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:52:25 +0930
On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 10:01:30PM +1000, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> What's that in L/100km? :-)
> Anybut, that's only 'cos it's got fuel injection, a computer and
> godnose what else to go wrong.
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andrew,

I say let the computer figure it out... instead of a wholly unwholesome
& inefficient carby with 2 optimal operating points: idle & (probably)
3000rpm, neither speed at which it will ever spend any amount of time,
and an oudated, compromise-ridden and likely worn out ignition system...

Driven normally, my stock 3800cc holden auto (standard buick/olds V6)
gets the same (and sometimes better)  fuel efficiency that my 2000cc
curburetted manual toyota used to get, with much more satisfying
performance (but then again clutches used to last me 100,000km too).

:)

davidt