[OM] Re: 6x6cm contact print

Subject: [OM] Re: 6x6cm contact print
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:36:37 -0500

> (a) Perhaps the print itself is not exactly 100% flat.
If you have access to a dry mount press, you can flatten fiber prints
easily. Put in between a couple of pieces of matte board (smooth side to
print) and set heat around 180-190 degrees F. A minute or two will do.

> (b) I did mention earlier that there's some scaling on the scanner's glass
> platen, most likely caused by the horrific humidity over here.

Can't help you there. Glad I'm not there.

> (c) The print itself might have begun to fade unevenly. This can happen.
I'm not sure that the fade would be graduated. It would seem more likely to
be general all over or noticeably blotchy.

Bill Pearce