[OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:00:29 -0500
Marc Lawrence wrote:

> When you specified 1978, my mind gravitated towards a line
> from a Terry Pratchett story (which is not suprise - it's
> usually that, Douglas Adams, The Simpsons or Futurama).
> Anyway, it is:
>
> "The Librarian had seen many weird things in his time, but
>  that had to be the 57th strangest. [footnote: he had a tidy
>  mind]"

I haven't read much Pratchett, but I did just finish the book that he
wrote with Neil Gaiman.  Loved it.  Have read everything Adams ever
wrote. Absolutely loved it.  Have read all six or so books of the H2G2
trilogy several times over

> It is easier to see both why you enjoy it so, and how you'd
> make a fantastic tour guide for it (for both this post, and
> your subsequent ones). If ever I to visit the building's of
> his that I so much like, I'll be begging you along for the
> ride.

Email me first and let me know, so I make sure I'm there.

Don't laugh - I've had people on my tours from Japan, China, England,
Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, Holland, Spain, Venezuela, Brazil, Germany
and Luxembourg.  I always ask before we start - partly out of curiosity,
partly to find out if I need to slow my delivery down a little in case
someone's translating for a friend.  I also mentally edit out a lot of
American cultural references that would be lost on a primarily
non-American audience.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon