[OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:48:01 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> And what was the 57th strangest American cultural reference?

The performer formerly known as Prince?
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> Paul Braun wrote:
>
>> I haven't read much Pratchett, but I did just finish the book that he
>> wrote with Neil Gaiman.  Loved it.
Yup, terrific read. I read a bunch of when I first ran across him
Pratchett. He is a great storyteller, very funny and has things to say
underneath the humor. But, for me, he has told the same things many
times, so now I pick one up every so often for a good time.

I loved Neil Gaiman's American Gods and especially Neverwhere. I keep
thinking I should try one of his graphic novels, but it hasn't happened
so far.
>> Have read everything Adams ever
>> wrote. Absolutely loved it.  Have read all six or so books of the H2G2
>> trilogy several times over.

Weeelll, that second detective novel wasn't really up to par, I thought
- or was it the first one, one of them anyway, I think, perhaps, if I
have the right brain applied here.. And I just read the one that Terry
Jones finished for him, Starship Titanic. A pleasant time, with bits of
the magic sprinkled about, but Terry's no Doug.

The HG2G stories are real classics. Most people seem to think that myths
are no longer a living form, stopped with the Romans, or something. I
stripped down the first part of the first book, through the rescue by
the HofG, down to essentials, like old myths that have been honed down
before being written down, and told it to a group as a myth. It really
worked, sparking insights into their own life stories and situations.
Most had not read the novel. One who had didn't recognize the story as I
told it.

Moose