[OM] Portra battles

Subject: [OM] Portra battles
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
I'm less than pleased these days with the various retail
establishments selling Portra films.

I cannot get the new and improved emulsions.  There is a massive
clearing out of old stock and even the usual standbys such as B&H are
no guarrantee. The local pro shop doesn't even acknowledge that there
is a new emulsion!

At issue is the fact that I really like the new Portra 160VC. It
totally rocks. But the variance between it and the old stuff is so
dramatic (dynamic range, grain structure, scannability) that I refuse
to use the old stuff.

Anybody found a source that is sure to be selling the new stuff?

AG

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time