[OM] Re: Portra battles

Subject: [OM] Re: Portra battles
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:41:17 -0400
Yep, went through the same exercise about 6 weeks ago.? Had made about 10 phone
calls to the usual suspects and? then contacted Kodak.? They confirmed that
they began shipping in 12/06 and suggested Calumet.? They had not burned
through their old stock and called again today---likely will be at least until
the end of the summer.? B&H thought they would have it in a month or 2 (6 weeks
ago.)? Found that a local shop had a bunch in their fridge and they do reorder
direct from Kodak.? Would likely have to physically go in the store and pick
out the correct 5 pack--would not trust there on-line ordering as they have a
ton of old stock too.? As Chuck's link to the pdf says: if it does not have the
"new with finer grain" announcement on the carton it is the older version. ? I
go within 5mi every week or two--let me know and I will check it out.?
Difficult to believe it would take this long to have it available from the big
mail-order dealers.
Mike

AOL at AOL.com.