[OM] FS: various OM stuff (second go-round)

Subject: [OM] FS: various OM stuff (second go-round)
From: "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 07:15:59 -0700
There was a fairly good response to the first posting, and I sold a few
items. I've removed those items, and added one I'd forgotten about -- all 18
issues of "Vision Age".

As some of you know, I sold most of my Olympus OM system several years ago,
to pay the mortgage. I recovered financially, and seriously considered
replacing those lenses and accessories I used most often (or most lusted
after). But — as much as I love most everything Olympus — I’d be
re-committing to a system that’s technologically obsolete. (Not to mention
the fact that used Zuikos are pricey.)

So I’ve switched to Canon EOS. I will therefore be selling my remaining
Olympus stuff. Almost all items are in excellent or better condition, and
most have their original packaging and user manuals.

Rather than giving extended descriptions, please contact me about those
items you’re seriously interested in, and I’ll give you the details – and a
freshly taken photo, if you want it.

There’s one I do want to talk about here, though, and that’s the OM-1 body.
I bought it a few years ago expecting to use it for astrophotography, but
didn’t. It’s in unbelievably good condition — at first glance, you’d think
it was new, that’s how clean it is. (The leather on the front is starting to
lift up along the upper edges.) I’d like at least $150. (Before you ask — it
doesn’t have the motor drive coupling.)

Prices are otherwise open. However — though I’m aware that prices for OM
equipment has somewhat declined — I’m reluctant to “give away” these items.

I’ll continue to post this occasionally until no one shows any interest. At
that point, I’ll try to sell the remaining items through one of those “we
buy photo equipment companies”. eBay sales are not likely.

Please contact me directly at grizzledgeezer@xxxxxxxxxxx. Thank you.

PS: I sold the Sigma tele zoom to a gentleman in Italy. The Post Office has
made overseas shipping a little simpler, and I was surprised that it went so
smoothly. So I don't feel too uncomfortable about shipping outside the US.

Olympus

OM-1 body  (looks almost new, except for leather beginning to “pull” along
upper edges)
OM-4T body, black  (new black calfskin leather)
OM-4T body, champagne  (new black calfskin leather)
OM-PC body
OM leather “everready” case
35-70 f/4 autofocus lens (The autofocus is built into the lens itself.)
lens hood  35/2.8, 50/1.4, 50/1.4
leather shoulder strap with pad 2 (2)
battery cover / motor drive cover
body caps (2)
strap pad (rubber)
Eyecup 1 (missing rubber eye cup)
dioptric correction lens -3

F280 flash
Motor Drive Relay Cord  1.2m
Varimagni Finder
Winder 2
focusing screens (complete set, both 1- and 2- series; will not break up
set)
1-13 focusing screen
In-focus trigger cord (2)
lens-cleaning tissue (Really!) (2)