[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins in jar . . .
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:33:16 -0600
AG Schnozz wrote:

[snip]

 > I figure that an early
> purchase of the E-1 Replacement would be a good investment--Olympus
> won't be replacing it with a new model for at least four years. :|

That's wildly optimistic, AG.  I'm assuming that, once they release The
Successor, their engineers and marketing geeks will get together in an
orgy of self-congratulation, share a smoke ("Was it good for you too?")
and then wait a decade or so to produce The Successor to the Successor,
by which time *all* DSLRs will be known to an entire generation of
photographers simply as "Canons."

Maitani isn't dead yet (last I heard, anyways), but when he does die,
they're gonna have to install ball-bearings packed with Cosmoline in his
grave to accommodate all the spinning his coffin's gonna do...

Garth