[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins ...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:00:08 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/2007 2:58:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I know  people like to say that, but usually when challenged their so
called  independently made N or C lens is different from the   so
called "same lens" by the independent. Yes, it makes sense for  a
small company like Olympus to do that, but less sense for the  two
largest lens makers in the  business.

I love my Zuikos and also my Tamron SP 17mm f3.5, 90mm f2.5, 180mm f2.5,
300mm f2.8, 400mm f4, 24-48mm f3.5, 2X,1.4X and the 70-150mm f2.8 soft focus
lenses. The same could be said for several of the other Tamron SP, Tokina  AT-X
series and a few of Vivitar lenses I've owned in the past.  Many of  these
either replaced Zuikos or get used rather than their Zuiko brothers.   Third
party
lenses?  No problem.   I don't care what they wear to  the dance so much as
how well they dance. <{8^)   Bill  Barber