[OM] Re: Know About This? CameraGAS.com

Subject: [OM] Re: Know About This? CameraGAS.com
From: plummerl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:25:04 +0000
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Caveat emptor.  The first ad I looked at was for a 20mm Olympus OM
> extension tube.  Of course there is no such thing built by Oly.  All the
> tubes are 7, 14 or 25mm whether manual or auto so this is clearly of
> someone else's manufacture.
> <http://www.cameragas.com/auction_details.php?name=OLYMPUS-20MM-CLOSEUP-TUBE-USED&auction_id=373>

> He also lists his web site in the ad which is forbidden by the seller's
> rules.  With no scrutiny of anything this will likely be the wild west.

> Chuck Norcutt
It appears that it is a Vivitar 20mm extension for the OM.  Tony Rose is a
paying sponsor (PopFlash) of CameraGAS and might have some leeway in the rules.
 This site was started by the original owner of the RangeFinderForum (now owned
by CameraQuest) and is now backed by CameraQuest.  I'd give it a chance, for
the alternative is EBAY!

Larry