[OM] Re: Darkroom (was: e-1 on craigs list is gone)

Subject: [OM] Re: Darkroom (was: e-1 on craigs list is gone)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:38:44 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2007 2:35:03 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx writes:

However,  the new house up north (which we move to in a few months),
has a room  behind the garage, with all the relevant "lines" and ease
of  blacking-out.

It might not happen, but, still, it's nice to know that  in *that*
house I've got options.

Don't start looking at used darkroom equipment or you may find yourself to
be "hunting and gathering."  You can probably get a darkroom outfitted with
top of the line professional equipment for somewhere in the range of  $2,000 to
$3,000.  That might include stainless sinks, archival  washes, drying
cabinets/screens, good enlarger, lenses, easels, pro lab safe  light, etc.

This warning comes from one who is currently doing the "hunting  and
gathering."  I'll pick up two stainless sinks, filtration unit,  drying rack,
trays,
etc. this week.  Figure most will be  between fetched for somewhere around
10-25% of cost new.

Bill Barber